The choice of the name Century Golf Partners was very strategic. We started with the concept of Golf Partners. We felt that if we built a foundation of being a “good partner” we would be able to attract the best people, the best clubs, the best members/guests, and the best financial partners. We had to develop business solutions that first solved the needs of our employees, members, guests and financial partners. If they could first be successful, then we would enjoy success. Our aspirations have been to be a company that...
• Is the most sought after partner in golf
• Has employees that want to be part of our company family
• Members and guests invite and refer others to their club
• Has vendors who want to partner with us
• Attracts club owners who want us to be involved with their clubs
• Has financial partners who trust us to be good stewards of their investments
• Would create a waiting list of people, companies and clubs desiring to be our partner.
The name Century took some time to evolve. We wanted a name that had meaning and significance. Greg Adair suggested the name after hearing Ken Story talk about the Century Club - a membership development program with a goal of adding 100 net members at each participating club. The name made immediate sense. It’s a name inspired from partnering with members to create a better club; a name that signifies one hundred... one hundred percent effort, one hundred percent of the time; and a name that defines us all as leaders who inspire others by example.
We are very proud of our name, our heritage and our culture. Our business approach of “being a good partner” is working. As you may know, we celebrated our 5th year anniversary this year and have grown to 65 courses under management. No other golf company has achieved this amount of growth in just 5 years. We are building a great reputation in the industry that will allow us to continue to grow and provide exceptional career opportunities for our employees.
In addition to the Century name, we are extremely fortunate to be the stewards of the Arnold Palmer Golf Management Company name. Arnold made the choice to partner with our Century team. This is an honor we take seriously as Arnold Palmer is the most trusted name in golf. By carrying his name and moniker into the marketplace we carry the responsibility to honor his good name and reputation, which we must do every day.
Century: a group of one hundred things, a period of one hundred years, a body of one hundred men or troops. Centuriae - a tribe or company. Centurion - a leader in the Roman army, known for leading from the front and inspiring by example.
Golf: a precision club and ball sport, traced back to the Roman game of Pagacinica. A game of lifetime friendships. A game of honor and respect where contestants call penalties upon themselves.
Partner: a friend who shares a common interest or participates in achieving a common goal. A relationship defined by trust. To work together.
The name of our company defines us and our culture…
• A team focused on working together to achieve our goals
• Give one hundred percent effort every time
• Lead by example
• Strive to improve our performance and abilities every day
• Get involved with the wonderful game of golf - a lifetime sport defined by the character of its participants and the fun and relationships that can be developed in the sport
• Be good partners who live every day by our values
• Build a company that will stand the test of time
Our mission, vision and values act as a guide to help us in our every day decision making.
To be a good partner.
To be the most sought-after partner in golf.
||We create an environment of trust in everything we do.
Employees and the Company trust each other.
Our Members and Guests trust us.
Our financial and business partners trust us.
||We Appreciate each other.
We Inspire each other.
We Motivate each other.
||We are a learning and teaching organization.
We are always looking for a better way to do things.
We treat mistakes as a learning opportunity.
We are growing the potential of our employees.
||We achieve our goals and objectives.
We don’t ever quit or give up.
We help our employees, members, guests and partners achieve their personal goals.